Human Factors & Control centres
Many control room projects concern an upgrade of existing instrumentation in a control room, as well as a further automation in the field. Special Human Factors topics are:
- Evaluation of operator workload. Design of optimal operator functions.
- Controlroom and control building layout.
- Design of workplaces, such as operator desks, permit counter, engineering desk, and meeting areas.
- Graphics design to optimize process operation
- Off-normal (or alarm) management
A typical project starts with the analysis of the tasks and the work situation. The findings are talked over with the users and project team. After this, several layouts are drafted which clarify the pro’s and cons of different concepts.
For the detailed design of control workstations in addition to 3D-moddeling, we recommend using a mock-up: a 1:1 scale model of the workplace. This is a very useful design tool which gives users a good impression of the look and feel of the final workplace. This human factors design approach will contribute to efficient process operation.
Visit our theme site: www.control-cente-design.com